The key areas we can help include:
- Bespoke menu planning and recipe development. Where appropriate these relate directly to the locality and / or history of the site, bringing the menu alive through descriptive wording referencing relevant historic factual snippets of information.
- Food presentation, including plated food and the presentation of the counter. The age old adage that ‘we eat with our eyes’ is very true and must not be forgotten.
- Advice on branding and merchandising, ensuring a synergy is created across the site, in particular across the commercial aspects.
- Supplier sourcing and due diligence checks. Where appropriate we support the use of local producers and suppliers, thereby supporting the local community and economy. Nevertheless, product quality and competitive pricing are also of paramount and we are pleased to help with negotiating with suppliers to agree beneficial terms.
- Recipe costing, portion control and wastage monitoring – all essential aspects to ensure the financial viability of the facility but often overlooked and infrequently reviewed.
- Set up easy to use financial management control systems, including training, mentoring and on-going financial performance monitoring.
- Food safety and hygiene assessments, including HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) and accredited training from Level 1 to Level 4.
- Guidance regarding in-house catering or contracting out, and support throughout each process.
- Support preparing job descriptions, staff recruitment, induction and training.
- Advice and guidance regarding front of house and kitchen planning, design and installation.
Please telephone Julie Cullen on 01373 473148 or 07769 725208 to discuss how we might help you with your planned, new or existing catering facility. Alternatively please email using the above address or complete the form on the ‘Contact Us’ page and we will contact you by return. Thank you.
We are also members of the Association of Independent Museums (AIM), the Institute of Hospitality (IoH), and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).